Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Killer Ants...


Would have been a better title I think. Course - Indy IV has opened up a whole can of worms. I know people that liked it. People that loved it, and people that have started compiling lists of all the things they hated about it...

Personally, I thought it was great. Not without its flaws, which I won't go into in any great detail, in case there is anyone left who hasn't seen it, but the fridge, the monkeys and the tenuous justification for swordfighting were three.

I loved other bits though - including the ants - did I mention the ants. Killer ants are always great, one of my favourite episodes of MacGuyver ever is based on killer ants, and is totally awesome...



MacGuyver rocks.

So anyway, back to Indy IV, all in all, pretty pleasing, very silly and very cleverly adapts to a 65 year old action hero without any Roger Moore style stunts. Harrison Ford was never all that co-ordinated or athletic a runner to begin with so there's no loss of continuity when he tries to run - interestingly, in one of many nods to the previous films - Indy isn't so good at outrunning Indians anymore...

Anyway - I've started giving away plot details now so I'd better stop - my advice? Go see it and decide for yourself, it's definitely one of those films.

No comments: