Thursday, May 22, 2008

Cycling Again

Ahhhh - Back on my trusty aluminium steed for the first time in what seems like ages. Even better - it's shorts and T-shirt weather. I'd gotten thoroughly sick of the tube in the two weeks I've been using it everyday, especially as work stuff has meant dealing with the central line again. Not Fun.

So yesterday and today saw me flying along Bayswater Road in bright sunshine, dodging the odd errant bus and dealing with a total nonce who tried to clothesline me by pretending to hail a cab. I've been pleaseantly suprised by my speed, thought I'd be wheezing my way up Notting Hill after a couple of weeks off sick, but no, it's been OK.

Next up - some clipless pedals I think. I had toe clips, but couldn't use them, mainly starting on corners - with the toeclip on the underside of the pedals it would catch on the tarmac, which is pretty dangerous...

No comments: